Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tortellini Soup.

Growing up, I remember my mom always made a lot of soup during the winter time. There’s just nothing better on a cold day than a bowl full of piping hot soup and a piece of crusty bread. This recipe is my take on a soup my mom makes. It’s such a quick and easy dinner. And, it’s absolutely delicious. Plus, my husband adores tortellini. Needless to say, this is a favorite around my house. And this makes enough that we can have it for more than one meal. What’s not to love!?!

















Tortellini Soup

1 tbsp. butter
½ medium onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 box of frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed
2 cans fire roasted tomatoes with juice
4 cups chicken stock, unsalted
1 package frozen cheese tortellini
Salt, as needed
Parmesan cheese

In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until tender. Add garlic, tomatoes, chicken stock and spinach. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the tortellini and cook for 10 minutes. Top with the parmesan cheese.

Source: my mom :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment