Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine’s Day.

So I’m a day late, I know. But I wanted to share what I made my valentine, my sweet husband, for dinner. We’ve always preferred to celebrate Valentine’s day at home so I usually try to come up with something extra special to make. But for some reason I was having a hard time deciding what to make this year and I didn’t actually decide what I was going to make until I was leaving the office yesterday afternoon which meant that a grocery store stop was necessary. This is very unlike me considering that I like to have things planned as far in advance as possible. So all of that's to say, that by the time I finished preparing the meal (which I didn’t even start until after my son was asleep) we were so hungry that I didn’t take any pictures of the finished product. I was too busy stuffing my face and the thought never crossed my mind.
For our dinner I made Brown Butter Parmesan Chicken Linguine from How Sweet It Is. Oh. My. Goodness. This was good stuff. My husband ate two platefuls and quickly claimed the leftovers for his lunch today.  Always a good sign. I did two things different than in the recipe- I used chicken that I had one hand from a rotisserie chicken and I used more mushrooms than the recipe called for just because I had more than I needed and I didn’t want the rest to go to waste. I will definitely be making this again, very soon. One bite of this pasta and you will understand why taking a photo didn't cross my mind. It's that good.

For dessert, I made Molten Chocolate Cakes from Kraft Foods. These are quick and easy to make and so delicious. We paired ours with a scope of vanilla ice cream. Yum! I followed the recipe exactly although I did opt for Ghirardelli chocolate rather than Bakers. And the recipe makes 4 cakes, so we get to have cake again tonight! (I'll be completely honest and admit that I did actually consider having cake for breakfast this morning but some how managed to talk myself out of it.) I thought these were wonderful but the next time I make them, I think I will use a mix of semi-sweet and a darker chocolate to intensify the chocolate flavor a bit.
And now you may be wondering if my husband did anything for me for Valentine’s day? The answer is yes. He completely surprised me by showing up to my office with a beautiful bouquet of roses and a package of Reese’s peanut butter hearts (my all time favorite candy). Then he took me to lunch at one of our favorite places- Sushi Café. Such a wonderful surprise!


I had a wonderful Valentine's day and hope everyone else did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment