Monday, June 11, 2012

Green Beans with Pine Nuts.


I love it that the Bachelorette is on! I’m a huge fan of Emily and am so excited to watch her season.
The Bachelor/Bachelorette always makes me think of my friend Amanda. We used to have Bachelor/Bachelorette watch parties, pre-sweet baby Slade, who is actually a toddler now, and her move to Dallas. We cooked dinner, drank wine and watched the shows. We always had a blast. But then she moved to Dallas and I had Slade, and now I watch the Bachelorette with my husband. I love it that he watches with me (for the sake of spending time together, of course, not because he enjoys the show) but it’s just not the same as my watch parties with Amanda.
So what does that have to do with green beans? At one of those watch parties, Amanda added pine nuts to her green beans which forever changed the way I made green beans. I immediately started adding pine nuts to my green beans and I’ve been doing it ever since.  
This recipe has evolved over the years to its current form. These green beans were my staple side dish before I discovered roasted broccoli.
On this particular night, we enjoyed grilled pork tenderloin and mashed potatoes with our green beans.
Enjoy!
Green Beans with Pine Nuts.
2 cups frozen green beans
1 tbsp. garlic infused olive oil
1 tsp. onion power
½ tsp. white pepper
2-3 tbsp. pine nuts
1-2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
Heat a sauté pan over medium low heat. Add the green beans and let cook 3-5 minutes. Then add the olive oil, onion power, white pepper and pine nuts and sauté until the green beans are thoroughly cooked. Remove the pan from heat and stir in soy sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment