Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Shrimp Tacos.


We decided to put a spin on taco night at our house with shrimp tacos. I thought the Pioneer Woman's Shrimp Taco recipe sounded great but my husband turned his nose up at it because of the tomato sauce/enchilada sauce that went into the shrimp. So we used her slaw recipe, minus the cilantro, and I simply sautéed the shrimp in a skillet with a mix of spices. It was so delicious!


This was truly a quick and easy dinner. I made the slaw in about ten minutes while my son was napping and let it sit until dinner time. Then all I had to do at dinner time was cook the shrimp and assemble the taocs.

Enjoy!

Shrimp Tacos

Slaw:
½ head cabbage, thinly sliced
½ head purple cabbage, thinly sliced
1 whole jalapeno, chopped
½ c. whole milk
½ mayo
1 tsp. white vinegar
1 tbsp. sugar
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper

Combine cabbage and jalapeno in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix remaining ingredients. Pour over the cabbage and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.

Shrimp:
 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tbsp. garlic infused olive oil
½ tsp. cumin
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. white pepper
¼ tsp. cayenne

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Put ingredients in a zip top bag and toss gently until the shrimp are evenly coated. Pour the shrimp mixture into the skillet. Cook until the shrimp are opaque.

For tacos:
Corn or flour tortillas
Lime wedges
Pico de gallo

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing!!! This was the absolute most awesome dinner my husband and I have made in years!! Yummmmmmm!!!! Thats all I gotta say! I did add a bit more to the recipe but not much, just marinated my shrimp for a couple of hours in a marinade that I buy in the hispanic section at the grocery store called Mojo Criollo, it was so gooood!! Thank you for all of your time posting this, it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! xoxo

    Rita
    http://www.whimsyandspicephotography.com

    ReplyDelete