Monday, April 15, 2013

NYC.

My sweet husband recently took me on a weekend getaway to NYC. I love that city. It has such a special place in my heart as that’s where my husband was living when we first met. I met him randomly one weekend, when he was back home in Arkansas visiting his family and friends. At the time, I was still in law school. The first time I went to visit him was during the break in between the spring and summer semesters so I was able to stay an entire week. He took me to all the normal touristy locations but we also spent hours just walking around the city and sitting in parks watching people. By the end of that week, I was in love with the city (and the man that would soon after become my husband). Not long after my first visit, he got an amazing job offer in Arkansas and decided it was time to move back and I was overjoyed that he would be in the same city as me after so many months living apart.
Since then, we’ve tried to go back at least once or twice a year. The city has such an amazing energy. There is always something new to do or see or eat!
Here are just a few snapshots from our recent trip:


One of the best sandwiches I’ve ever eaten- the Lobster Roll at Pearl.

Got to have pizza in NYC! This is from my favorite place for pizza, John's Pizzeria on Bleeker Street.




No comments:

Post a Comment