Friday, April 19, 2013

Smoothie Popsicles.

I have a smoothie obsessed toddler at my house. He is constantly requesting them. While I’m pretty sure that he would drink a smoothie any time of day, I have limited them to breakfast time only.  I am a big fan of smoothies at breakfast because it allows me to pack a lot of nutrients into a cup and makes for a quick breakfast. In fact, Monday mornings are always the most rushed at our house so Mondays are designated smoothie days.
Some mornings he will drink more of his smoothie than others so I occasionally find myself with leftover smoothie. I hated to waste all that goodness. So I’ve started making smoothie popsicles. I have a set of popsicle molds so I simply pour the leftover smoothie into the popsicle molds and place the molds in the freezer. Then we have delicious and nutritious frozen treats, in a variety of flavors that we can enjoy later.
Now that the warmer weather is just around the corner, I’m looking forward to enjoying these frozen treats on our back deck after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment