Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Baked Chicken Taquitos.

We’ve started seeing a few glimpses of warmer weather around here and I’m excited to move on from winter and the chili and soups that have been filling our weekly menus. So I wanted to share my new favorite recipe. It’s easy and delicious. I’ve made this three times in the past month.

 
The last time I made it I doubled the recipe so I could put some of them in the freezer for a quick lunch or dinner.

 
Enjoy!
Baked Chicken Taquitos
Modified from The Girl Who Ate Everything

4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
1/4 cup green salsa
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
12-14 flour tortillas (depends on how much filing you use per taquito)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Combine all ingredients except tortillas and combine well. Place 2-3 Tablespoons of chicken mixture on the lower third of a tortilla and roll it up as tight as you can. Place seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mixture and tortillas. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and the ends start to get golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment