Monday, March 3, 2014

Meatloaf.

The thought of meatloaf might not make most families super excited but luckily it does mine. If I ask my husband what sounds good for dinner, nine times out of ten he will request meatloaf. Even my 3 year old who likes something one day and not the next, will consistently eat meatloaf.


This is a very simple version of meatloaf but it’s the one that my family loves. I usually double it so that I can put one in the freezer for a quick dinner. We prefer to eat our meatloaf with mashed potatoes and Green Beans with Pine Nuts but it is also good the next day as a sandwich.
Enjoy!

Meatloaf

1 lb ground sirloin
½ onion, minced
2 Tablespoons ketchup, plus more for the top
1 egg
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons garlic powder
½ teaspoons black pepper
Water

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Combine all ingredients until well mixed, adding enough water to make the mixture moist. Form a loaf with the mixture on the baking sheet. Top with desired amount of ketchup. Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment