Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Coq Au Vin.

As soon as I saw a recipe for coq au vin in the crock pot, I knew I had to try it. Especially since this is the kind of recipe where you just put everything in the crock pot and 8 hours later you have something wonderful. Right up my alley.

All the ingredients are in the crock pot and ready to go.


Doesn’t this look fantastic?


I served this with mashed potatoes but it would also be good with pasta.

I think this would be a great meal idea for dinner guests. Elegant yet easy.

Enjoy!



Coq au vin.
Adapted from Crock pot 365 blog

6 to 8 frozen chicken thighs
8 oz sliced baby portabella mushrooms
1 cup baby carrots
1 c. frozen pearl onions
3 cloves chopped or minced garlic
1/2 t black pepper
1/2 t kosher salt
1 bottle red wine (I used a pinot noir)
2 large fresh thyme sprigs

Put the frozen chicken into your crock pot and start layering in the rest of the ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment