Monday, September 23, 2013

Chocolate Gravy.

One of my favorite breakfast meals is chocolate gravy and biscuits with a side of bacon. My mom made this for me and my brother all the time when we were growing up.  I’m pretty sure there was a period of time when we had it almost every weekend. Now I’m carrying on the tradition with my son. Needless to say, he’s a huge fan of having chocolate for breakfast!
When I make chocolate gravy, I prefer to use frozen biscuits instead of making homemade biscuits since the chocolate gravy is really the star of the show. I also like to add butter to my biscuits before I pour on the gravy. That’s just my personal preference.
Enjoy!
Chocolate Gravy.
Slightly modified from Paula Deen 
  • 1/3 stick butter
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup cocoa
  • 2 cups 2 percent milk
Heat butter in a sauce pan over low heat. Mix in sugar, flour and cocoa. Slowly pour 1 cup of milk into the skillet and whisk well to remove lumps. Whisk in remaining milk, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick, being careful not to scorch. Serve hot over biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment