Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Ham and Cheese Quiche.

 My husband recently celebrated his 20-year high school reunion. Along with the festivities came house guests and I found myself needing to prepare brunch for a crowd. So what did I make? Quiche. I mean who doesn’t love a quiche?! Quiche is my go-to dish when entertaining at breakfast/brunch. Quiche can be made using a variety of different ingredients, can be made in advance and freezes well.
 

We enjoyed this quiche with a fruit salad and biscuits with homemade strawberry butter. And while I was making them, I went ahead and made a few extra to put in my freezer for easy dinner this winter.

 
Enjoy!
Ham and Cheese Quiche.
One pre-made pie crust (homemade or store bought)
5 eggs
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup grated cheese (cheddar, swiss or gruyere)
1/2 cup ham, cut into small pieces
1 tsp. onion powder
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line pie crust to pie pan and prick dough with fork all over. Bake pie crust until set, about 9 minutes. Cool.

Reduce oven to 400 degrees. Add ham and cheese to pie crust. Whisk together eggs, milk and seasonings. Pour into pie crust, over the ham and cheese. Bake until set, about 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment