Monday, July 16, 2012

Blueberry Bread.

Blueberries are abundant this time of year in Arkansas and I live with two blueberry loving guys so I have been buying them by the quart at the farmer’s market. We’re using blueberries in everything and I’m freezing a lot too so that we will have blueberries later in the year.
This blueberry bread recipe is a favorite of ours. It’s especially good for breakfast. I prefer to make it in 3 mini loaf pans so that we can eat one loaf when I make it and then freeze the others to be eaten at a later date.
I’m a huge fan of having things like this in the freezer. I just take it out of the freezer at night before I go to bed and then next morning we have a quick and delicious breakfast.
Enjoy!
Blueberry Bread
1 egg
1 cup milk
3 tbsp. canola oil
2 c. all purpose flour
1 c. sugar
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
 ½ tsp. salt
2 c. blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, whisk together egg, milk and oil. In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add flour fixture to milk mixture and stir until combined. Fold in blueberries. Divide mixture evenly between 3 mini loaf pans that have been sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment