Thursday, July 5, 2012

Slow Cooker Pot Roast.

Things have been hectic lately with work and Slade. Most days, I feel like I’m being pulled in a hundred different directions. I love being Slade’s mom and I love my job as an attorney but there are definitely times when I find it difficult to juggle the two roles.
When I’m tired and stressed out, I want comfort food. If my mom lived close by, I would go to her house for dinner (and probably a nap) but since she’s six hours away, I have to create the comfort food myself. And I usually turn to pot roast in my slow cooker.
In the morning, I put a roast in the slow cooker.
And this is what it looked like when I got home.
Doesn’t that look fantastic?
When I got home from work, I put some potatoes on to boil for mashed potatoes, sautéed some zucchini and put rolls in the oven. About 20 minutes later, the three of us sat down for a delicious and comforting meal together.
After a crazy busy week, there is something quite relaxing about sitting down for a meal with my two favorite guys.
Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Beef chuck roast (5-6 lbs)
1 bag of frozen pearl onions
1-2 tbsp. Montreal steak seasoning (I usually go for the low sodium one)
4 cups unsalted beef stock
After lining the slow cooker with a slow cooker liner, add the roast to the slow cooker. Sprinkle on the seasoning and add in the pearl onions, then pour in the beef stock. Cook on low for 10-12 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment