Friday, March 16, 2012

Heath Bar Cake.

Sometimes you have the kind of week when you need to eat cake. Or at least I do. Hopefully I'm not the only one. And that’s exactly the kind of week I’ve been having.  Lucky for me, I made this cake on Sunday. Even more lucky for me, I actually made two of these cakes on Sunday, one for home and one to take to work for a colleague's birthday. While I won’t disclose exactly how much of these two cakes I’ve eaten over the past few days, I will say that this cake is good any time of day and pairs quite well with a cup of coffee for breakfast.
Here’s how you make it:
First, you need a german chocolate cake. I used a cake mix and made it according to the package directions, baking it in a 9x13 cake pan.
Once you take the cake from the oven, use a toothpick to poke holes all over the cake.
Next, pour a can of sweetened condensed milk over the top of the cake.
Then pour caramel ice cream topping over the top of the cake.

Doesn't that look so good?!?

Next comes the hard part. Waiting. You need to let the cake cool completely. During this time the cake will soak up all the good stuff that’s been poured over the top.
Once the cake is cool, top the cake with cool whip and heath bar pieces.
The only thing left to do now is cut a piece.

This cake is fantastic. There really isn’t more that I can say about it. Try it and you will understand.
Ingredients:
German chocolate cake mix plus the ingredients required to make the cake.
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 jar caramel ice cream topping
1 regular size cool whip container
Heath bar pieces
Directions:
Mix the german chocolate cake according to the package directions and bake in a 9x13 cake pan according to the package directions. Once you take the cake from the oven, use a tooth pick to poke holes all over the cake. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake. Then pour the caramel ice cream topping over the cake. Let the cake cool completely. Once cool, top with cool whip and sprinkle heath bar pieces on top.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment