Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pork chops and Pineapple Fried Rice.

I love the Pioneer Woman's cooking blog and her cooking show on Food Network. As soon as she posted her Pork Chops with Pineapple Fried Rice recipe I knew I would have to try it.

Pork chop with pineapple fried rice.

The recipe is pretty easy to make and, as she says in her post, most of the ingredients are things you would already have on hand. We usually keep fresh pineapple for Slade so I anticipate that I will be making the fried rice portion of this recipe on a pretty regular basis.
I did a few things different. First, I didn’t use the sriracha because I wanted to be able to give Slade bites of the pork chop to try. Second, no peas. Peas are one of the very few things that my husband detests. And lastly, I didn’t grill the pineapple. Mostly out of laziness. It was pouring down rain outside, so the outdoor grill wasn’t an option, and I didn’t really want to dirty up any pans that weren’t absolutely necessary. The meal still turned out great and the leftovers were delicious too!
I also made Slade a version of pineapple fried rice since he loves pineapples so much.

Slade's plate with toddler friendly pineapple fried rice.
 

Toddler friendly pineapple fried rice
1 cup prepared brown rice
1-2 tbsp. chopped onion
¼ c. green peas
¼ c. diced cooked chicken
¼ c. fresh pineapple chunks, cut into bite size pieces
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. canola oil
Saute onions until tender in oil over medium heat. Add in rice, chicken, peas and pineapple and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment