Thursday, May 24, 2012

Lemon White Chocolate Cookies.

I never really enjoyed lemon desserts and would usually turn my nose up at them. Until I got pregnant with my son. All of a sudden I was craving lemons and lemon flavored things. For the first time in my life, I found myself eating lemon meringue pie and loving it. I couldn’t get enough lemons. Funny how that works.
I don’t crave lemons like I did when I was pregnant but I still really enjoy lemon desserts. So when I saw a recipe for cake mix cookies on Pinterest, I immediately thought of the lemon cake mix I had in the pantry.
After putting the first batch of cookies in the oven, I started daydreaming about other lemon desserts (yes, this really is the sort of thing that I daydream about) and remembered a recipe I saw for lemon white chocolate truffles. Then I remembered that I also had some white chocolate chips in the pantry. So I added white chocolate chips to the remaining cookie batter.
The lemon cookies are good, but the lemon cookies with the white chocolate chips are out of this world good. The cookies were perfectly moist with just the right amount of sweetness and lemon flavor. Plus, they are a gorgeous shade of yellow.
Don’t they look beautiful on my cake stand?
My husband said that these cookies reminded him of cookies his mom used to buy when he was a kid. He was instantly hooked.
I actually had intentions of taking these to work to share with some of my lemon dessert loving colleagues but the cookies never made it out of the house. Maybe next time.
Enjoy!

Lemon White Chocolate Cookies

1 lemon cake mix
½ c. canola oil
2 eggs
1 cup white chocolate chips

Mix the oil and eggs until well blended. Add in cake mix and white chocolate chips and mix until combined. Drop cookies by spoonful onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 8-12 minutes at 350 degrees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment