Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Simple side: Sautéed Zucchini

I can tell summer is approaching because my grocery store now has an abundance of zucchini and yellow squash. Because zucchini is so readily available in the summer time at the farmers’ market, we tend to eat it a lot. Luckily, zucchini can be prepared so many different ways- grilled, with pasta, baked with parmesan cheese, and there is even zucchini bread. But my favorite is sautéed zucchini.
It’s a quick and easy side that would be great with almost anything.
After washing the zucchini, cut it into the desired size. I cut mine into smaller pieces than I would normally so it would be easier for Slade to eat. But you could easily do these in bigger pieces.

Heat olive oil in a sauté pan. Once the oil is hot, add the zucchini and sprinkle on the seasoned salt.

Sauté the zucchini, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes until the zucchini starts to turn that wonderful shade of brown. The amount of cooking time will depend on the size of the pieces of zucchini.

We enjoyed this zucchini with turkey tetrazzini I took from the freezer.

Slade's plate.

My plate.
After Christmas, I made two pans of turkey tetrazzini with the leftover turkey and penne using the Pioneer Woman's recipe. We ate one then and I froze the other one. I love being able to get dinner out of the freezer!  
Sautéed Zucchini
2 zucchini
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp seasoned salt
Cut the zucchini it into the desired size. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan. Once the oil is hot, add the zucchini and sprinkle on the seasoned salt. Sauté the zucchini, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes until the zucchini starts to brown. The amount of cooking time will depend on the size of the pieces of zucchini.

No comments:

Post a Comment