Monday, May 21, 2012

Two Minute Chocolate Nutella Cake.

I never would have guessed that I could make a homemade chocolate cake in two minutes. And that a cake cooked in the microwave would be good. But after seeing numerous recipes for two minute cakes, I decided that I needed to give it a try.

I was blown away. This cake is so good that my first thought after trying it was what have I done?! Now that I know that I can have chocolate cake in two minutes I’ll make chocolate cake every day.
This cake is the perfect size for sharing, if you are so inclined. It is perfectly moist and delicious on its own but also wonderful with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Surprisingly, I have only made it twice since I first tried it. It seems that sometimes I am even too tired and lazy at the end of the day to make a two minute chocolate cake. Maybe I shouldn't admit things like that, but it's the truth.
Tonight, I will be having chocolate cake, as I curl up on the couch to watch the Bachelorette.
Enjoy!
Chocolate Nutella Mug Cake
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
5 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 egg
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon nutella
Dash of vanilla and salt

Whisk all the ingredients together in a large coffee mug until smooth. Microwave the cake on high until puffed, about 2 minutes, watching carefully as microwaves can vary in strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment